top of page



If you don't already have one, you will need a passport to study abroad.  AIM requires all students to provide a copy of their passport to AIM 60 days prior to the start of their program. Requirements often change so it is important to obtain the most current information.

All international travel requires a valid passport - without one you will not be allowed to fly to or enter another country. If you don’t already have a passport, you need to start the process to obtain a passport immediately. US citizens can check the US Postal Service website at for more information about the passport application process.


Academic programs 91 days or more require a student visa. Academic programs 90 days or less do NOT require a student visa.

In order to obtain a Spain National Visa, you are required to apply for one in person and most consulates require that you schedule an appointment in advance. It is necessary to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in you having to cancel or switch programs. Please contact AIM if you have Spain National Visa questions and/or concerns.

*Please note that if you are not a U.S. citizen, you should contact your Consulate to verify specific entry requirements. As these requirements vary based on citizenship, non-U.S. citizens may not be permitted to travel to Spain without a visa or outside of their visa dates. Also, visa fees for non-U.S. citizens may differ so please be sure to check your specific consulate's website for the most up to date information.

bottom of page